Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011



In this video it explains Color theory and color in logo design. It will go over using a color wheel, choosing colors, Adobe Kuler, Color relationships, and Do’s and Don’ts.


Some terminology that will be helpful also is:


Warm Colors: Colors such as red, yellow, and orange. These colors evoke warmth because they remind us of things like the sun or fire.
Cool Colors: Colors like blue, green, and purple (violet). These colors evoke a cool feeling because they remind us of things like water or grass.
Neutral Colors: Gray, Brown. These aren't on most color wheels, but they're considered neutral because they don't contrast with much of anything. They're dull and uneventful.
Value: Usually refers to the amount of black in a color. The more black a color has, the darker its value.
Brightness: Refers to the amount of white in a color. The more white a color has, the brighter it is.
Saturation: Refers to the amount of a color used. When a color is at full saturation, it is extremely vibrant.



I also had 5 sources from which I got my information and they are:

6 comments:

  1. I liked your video, it was creative and kept my attention. I don't see anything you need to work on or fix. The images on each pages went with the presentation. Well Done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video has a lot of good information and the timing is perfect. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was ok but the animation could have been much better. I did learn a bit about color in graphic design though.

    ps im only funny with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a good presentation. However, I think on some slides, i did not have a sufficient amount of time to read it. Overall i thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought your presentation flowed very nicely and had good facts. However, you could have used a bit more animation to make the movie more attractive. Overall it was a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete